Those who are interested in attending the symposium are encouraged to submit an abstract of 1000-1500 words to ccid2symposium [at] gmail.com that address any of the following symposium themes:
- How can the arts (i.e., all liberal, cultural, literary, visual, and performing arts, etc..) contribute to interaction design and creativity research?
- What are the major strategies and methodologies in the arts that can be used for interaction design and creativity research? How do we legitimate new design methodologies with an orientation/foundations in the arts?
- How do we leverage the arts to discover design opportunities?
- How do the Arts intersect with other areas of research in HCI beyond design, such as ubicomp, CSCW, sustainability, and health informatics, etc.?
- How do we cultivate disciplinary competences in the arts and the humanities for interaction design research?
- How do we make the arts more accessible in interaction design without diluting or distorting it?
- How do we develop educational and professional infrastructures in this domain?
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. For dissemination, the organizers will identify a sub-selection of the accepted abstracts for a journal special issue. A summary of the symposium will be written up for ACM’s interactions magazine or another suitable forum.
- Abstract submission deadline:
May 1, 2011(Extended Deadline: Friday, May 6, 2011).
- Notification of acceptance: May 20, 2011
- Confirmation of attendance and participant short bio due: May 31, 2011
- Final CRC abstract: June 2, 2011
- Symposium: July 4-5, 2011